Murer Consultants, Inc. has specialized expertise in the area of Finance. The company believes that no options should be reviewed nor program developed without full consideration of the financial implications.
Murer Consultants continuously provides solid projections for clients through the use of tools such as situational audits, feasibility studies and program pro formas. These tools can be the infrastructure to growth or the guiding principles that allow process improvement and re-engineering to align programs, staffing and partnering models. Murer Consultants has performed hundreds of audits, pro formas and feasibility studies with proprietary models and formulas that are based on reality and experience. Murer Consultants has a relationship with the Healthcare Financial Management Association providing significant content for a number of topic areas.
Murer Consultants specializes in the practice of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement maximization from development and implementation to claim reimbursement with a focus in such areas as:
- Optimum Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement including Capital Payments
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Reviews and Improvement Projects
- Business Plan Development
- Certificate of Need Financial Feasibility Projects
- Proof of Financial Ability to Operate Said Venue(s)
- Assistance with Acquisition, Sale or Merger Negotiations
- Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report Analysis for Optimum Performance
- Assistance with Special Reports or Audit Processes and Regulatory Agencies
- Medicare/Medicaid Audit Support
- Assistance with Cost Report Review Prior to Submission and Cost Report Re-Openings
- Medicare/Medicaid Budget Development
Knowing and understanding reimbursement is challenging today. The healthcare industry has had continuous changes since 1995 with several significant changes to be implemented within the next year. Murer Consultants has written a reference book on reimbursement and legislation for specific venues for care.
Preparation of financial plans including predetermined mix of patients by diagnosis, payer source and referral should all be part of financial planning and budgeting. Murer Consultants works with administrative and financial staffs to prepare realistic operating budgets in keeping with present and future reimbursement trends.
Murer Consultants have written and presented on the subjects below:
- Feasibility Studies
- Pro Formas
- Situational Audits
- Provider-Based Consulting